10 Cheap and Easy Eid Gift Ideas
Eid, the celebration which ends the month of fasting is just around the corner. We have 2 weeks to go, and preparations are underway in houses across the land. From picking out your Eid outfit to making sure you've booked your best friend to do some Henna designs on your hands the night before, it's a really festive time of year.
Sadly, this year, we won't be celebrating with the usual gusto. This is our first year without my father-in-law since his death last year, so we're planning a low-key family affair.
However, for those who are celebrating this blessed month, there's still time to ensure you have some gifts ready for your loved ones. Most people tend to give money and sweets traditionally, but sometimes with a little creativity and forward planning, you can find a gift that goes that extra mile to make someone smile!
Here are my ideas for 10 cheap and easy Eid gifts:
1) Fruit Hamper - Healthier than sweets, and when wrapped up with some cellophane and a bow, makes a lovely, thoughtful and inexpensive gift.
2) Themed Gift Basket - A good theme gift basket reflecting their interests will mean so much to the receiver. If your best friend loves to eat cupcakes, then put together a themed basket with cupcake mix, icing sugar, fresh fruit and a colourful mug (because what's cake without tea!).
3) Makeup - If your sister or best friend has had their eye on a particular makeup item, Eid is a perfect time to gift them this. Or, for younger siblings or cousins who want to be a little more grown up, you can put together small bags with flavoured lip balm, lip gloss and nail polish (ask permission from parents first!).
4) Perfume - Always a classic gift for every person in your life, find out what kind of scents they like to wear, and this makes an easy gift. You can even try and make it yourself!
5) Gift Cards - A great way to gift someone with a way to get something from their favourite store, or a store they wouldn't normally shop at.
6) Gadgets - Gadgets which make life easy are my favourite thing to gift. USB keychains for charging your phone on the go, USB fans for the office, scratch off maps and self-stirring mugs are some awesome ideas and gifts that I've given to great success!
7) Bath Sets - A gift set with some smellies makes a great gift for guys and girls, and is a great way to share some new products with the recipient.
8) Candles - They're cheap, they smell great and are an instant hit as a gift by themselves or as part of a package.
9) Books - Either a book you love or a gift voucher for their favourite book store. You could even do a themed gift set based on their favourite book e.g. if they love Breakfast at Tiffany's you could have the book, film, black sunglasses and faux tiara in a gift basket.
10) Islamic Gift Set - If you're gifting to a family; then a Tasbih, Hijab, Prayer Cap, Scent and Incense sticks would make a really lovely and useful gift set.
The possibilities are endless, all that limits you is your own imagination and creativity!